Correct Answer: A
Option A is CORRECT. An instance’s Meta data provides me with information about the instance like Instance ID, Local IP, Instance Type etc..I can query the instances Meta data using an internal IP http://169.254.169.254/latest/meta-data/ which can be accessed only from within an EC2 instance
Option B is incorrect. User Data is a section used for providing startup configuration to an EC2 instance. Eg if I need to have an Apache web server running on an EC2 instance after it is provisioned, I can use the User Data section & provide scripts for installing the software during instance creation
Option C is incorrect. Meta data information is available to EC2 instances by default without the need to provide an IAM role for accessing it
Option D is incorrect. Console login or manual intervention is not required to achieve this task. I can write a script & configure it to run at a scheduled time of the day wherein the EC2 instance can express itself to provide its health status.
References:
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/WindowsGuide/instancedata-data-retrieval.html
https://youtu.be/tPQsI8n6er0